Thursday, June 6, 2013

Moving My Stance From FaceBook to Here

I've decided it's time to publish my opinions in a friendlier environment. Living in Los Angeles, and being a musician as well, I spend a lot of time with people who do not share my views and quite frankly, don't want to read or discuss them. Prior to the latest Presidential Election, I thought it important that I continue on FB in hopes of convincing at least a few to see the dangers at hand. Now well beyond the Election, it seems the only thing I accomplish is to further alienate them and that's not what FB is about. However, this is my Blog and I CAN speak my mind here without concern because, unlike FB, you're here because you want to know what I think...I like that. Feel free to share your views with me here as well. Know that I'm not defensive by nature, but I am very staunch in my opinions and I like to think that my opinions come from research and study. That doesn't mean I'm right but it does mean I've given it some thought. :-) My reason for writing here is that I still strongly believe we are in grave danger of losing the freedom and liberty we hold dear in this country I love. As Merle Haggard wrote in The Fightin' Side of Me, "If you don't love it, leave it, let this song that I'm singing be a warning. When you're running down my way of life, you're walking on the fighting side of me."

1 comment: